Is it time to replace the piping in your home? Here are 9 signs it’s time to contact us at Stuart’s Plumbing to move forward with the repiping process.
1. Home age–Piping doesn’t last forever, so if your home is 25 years old or older, it’s a good idea to consider replacing your pipes.
2. Washing machine issues–Does your washing machine take forever to fill? If so, your house could be a candidate for repiping.
3. Shower temperature–If the water temperature in your shower constantly fluctuates or the water has significantly dropped in pressure, the need for new pipes could be on the horizon.
4. Higher water bills–If your water bill seems much higher than usual lately, give us a call to determine if you need to replace your home’s pipes.
5. Floor hotspots–Hotspots located throughout your home’s flooring indicate new piping might be needed.
6. Leaky pipes–While one leaky pipe may merely be a minor plumbing problem, several leaking pipes throughout your home is a sign you need new pipes.
7. Copper pipes–If your home has copper pipes, you should replace them sooner rather than later.
8. Galvanized pipes–Just like you should replace copper pipes, you should also replace any galvanized pipes in your home.
9. Insurance provider instruction–Did your insurance company tell you to replace your home’s piping? If so, we’re ready and waiting to help.